Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"Paci Trucks"

Since the day Lucas came home from the hospital he loved his paci. When he was almost two, we limited it to just nap and night time and then soon came the day to take away the paci for good...  a struggle most older parents I talk to seem to remember.

I went back and forth on the best way to do this. Lucas had become very interested in babies and I figured I could somehow incorporate that. So one morning when Lucas woke up, I told him it was time to collect all of his pacis. I told him there were other babies who needed them now. He never questioned me, collected all his pacis and helped me stuff them in to an envelope. Later that day, we walked down the street and together we dropped our oddly shaped envelope in the mailbox. To this day, any time we pass a mail truck, Lucas refers to it as the "paci truck."




No comments:

Post a Comment